Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tennessee

We've spent the past two weeks in TN with my family. It was packed from beginning to end with activities and fun. We began by attending my mother's family's Decoration in Hanging Limb, TN. It is a beautiful cemetary on top of a little hill with a great view. The weather was cool and the sun was shining. We enjoyed seeing extended family, playing in the nearby caves and of course eating yummy food.




After a few days, Steve was off to Israel for an accounting conference and lots of sightseeing. Looking through all of his pictures gave me goosebumps. The thought of walking where the Savior walked and seeing where he taught is so special. He had a wonderful time and we were excited when he arrived safely back on US soil! I'll post more details of his trip very soon.


Jerusalem

Wall of King Solomon's Temple (wailing wall-- Jews will go to this wall and write a prayer or wish on a small piece of paper and stick it into a crack in the wall. Steve is pointing to the prayer he wrote for Sarah and I and stuck into the wall.)

Floating in the Dead Sea


While Steve was away the kids loved playing with my family-- from jumping on the trampolene to renting paddle boats at the lake-- it was a blast for them. My mom, sister and I went on a major shopping spree as well-- something I've been looking forward to ever since I was diagnosed! We spent two full days shopping and had a lot of fun together. It was a wonderful trip but, as always, it is great to be back home again!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a wonderful post! I love the family shots and Jerusalem pictures. Catie - you look as cute as ever. I'm so glad you had a great time with family. Love you!