Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This Time Last Year. . .

I've always been one of those people who reflect on what I was doing this time last week, last month, last year, two years ago, five years ago, you get the picture. The past two weeks have certainly been a time of reflection for me.

This time last year I had come close to reaching the depths of despair, was convinced that I would lose the sweet baby that was growing inside of me, was so scared and uncertain of what the future would hold and was pleading to the Lord for my life.

It was this time last year that I felt the love of my family and friends like I never had before. I felt the many prayers that began being offered in my behalf and was and continue to be overwhelmed by the faith of so many.

This time last year I stopped taking motherhood for granted and began enjoying every single minute with my sweet David and Mary. These two kids are amazing and bring me so much joy.

It was this time last year that we began a journey I never want to go on again, but that I am grateful I experienced. I have learned so much, felt so much, been blessed with a third sweet child, seen many miracles and blessings from the Lord, and gained such a greater appreciation for this beautiful life we get to experience!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Your experience this time last year certainly changed me forever too. Thanks for taking me along on your journey - I've loved reading your reflections and seeing your pictures. Thanks for this sweet post Catie! Much love!

Elizabeth said...

Beautifully written! I love you Catie, and I'm so glad it's not this time last year.

melissa said...

You were on my mind last week as I recalled what was going on in your life last year. Much love to you and your family!

Nellie said...

Thanks for helping me remember to be grateful. You are an inspiration.

Unknown said...

It was so good to see you at church today. You've had quite a year!

amber said...

you are completely amazing. what a year for your sweet family. i adore you and i'm grateful that you're better...

Julianne said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I am so grateful for your wonderful example of steadfastness and faith. You have blessed my life is so many ways.

J-Lo said...

Thank you for your example!