Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year

It seems unreal that 2009 is here. For so long I just lived from one day to the next measuring time in how many chemo treatments I had behind me. After those were complete I measured time from one set of tests or scans to the next. Now that 2009 is here I feel free from those measurements. Sure, I'll continue to have scans and check-ups but I don't feel imprisoned by them- it's a new year, a clean slate, a healthy beginning.

We enjoyed the holidays with the kids and with family so much. I love my children!!! They are beautiful and so sweet, so innocent and so hilarious! Christmas was wonderful and full of gingerbread, food, fun gifts and family time. We spent the New Year holiday in Tennessee and enjoyed more good food and family time there, and I got my first hair cut in two years!


Gingerbread House Making

Christmas Morning-- From the time we walked into the living room and I turned to get my camera and came back Mary's PJs were off! How'd she do that so fast?

A puzzle is all it takes to make this sweet boy happy.

Mary's dollhouse! Grandpapa made it for her from scratch. Thank you grandpapa! And thank you grandma and grandpa for providing the fun furniture!

Mary and Sarah with their sweet baby dolls from grandmama, they love them!

Playing outside on Christmas Day! It's not our beloved California weather, but it's close!

Sarah would not take my mom's slippers (they're new and clean, don't worry!) off her hands the entire time we were in TN! She also loved my sister's new necklace. How do little kids decide what they think is fun to play with???

Matching PJs with my little sis Caroline and my new hair cut.

Teaching the kids how to play Dance Dance revolution.

About an hour from home and the kids were done! (This picture cracks me up because you can see all the way down David's throat!)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun pictures! It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Yay...for getting your hair cut! You look great!

Marianne said...

Cute haircut!! I love it! We missed ya'll over the holidays, but I love the pics! We need to plan another get-together soon!

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Darling pics--and a super cute haircut too! Looks like a fun Christmas at your house!

Unknown said...

Mary gets a dollhouse and David gets a puzzle??? Waitaminute....

jorge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.