
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sarah's Adventure
On Friday Sarah picked up a small plastic Little Tikes chair and dropped it on her foot, she cried and limped around a bit but seemed to be fine later that day. Yesterday David was playing with Sarah and she fell down and he landed right on top of her already tender foot. I have never heard her scream or cry so much for so long, she was in pain. Her foot swelled a bit and began to bruise. I wasn't sure what to do. Steve is out of town, Mary had been throwing-up all day, I had just gotten home from chemo a few hours earlier and it seemed that Sarah needed to go to the emergency room to make sure nothing was fractured or broken. Thank goodness for my mom! She is here taking care of us so I asked her to take Sarah to the hospital, she got David and Mary settled and off she went to the emergency room with little Sarah. Thankfully after the x-ray was taken nothing was broken, just some very bad tissue damage. They wrapped her cute little foot up and home they came. Sarah is hilarious with her hurt foot. If she hears you say foot she raises it in the air and lets out a little whimper. Now that we know it isn't broken and will quickly heal it is kind of cute to see her limp around!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Yikes! Poor Sarah! :( It is definitely a good thing your mom is there to help you!
poor little dear!
dang she is cute! :)
Poor baby - hard thing when they're too little to really understand why they hurt. Hope she's become more cuddly . . . that's the only plus of mine being hurt.
Oh, little Sarah! Poor baby girl, I'm glad it wasn't broken! I hope her foot is feeling better soon!
oohhh, poor sarah- I have to admit that little wrapped foot is sooo cute! wow! what a stressful week! glad your supermom was there to make it all calmer! xoxo
Oh I am so glad that it wasn't broken! Hope Mary is done throwing up and I am glad Steve is back and that your Mom is AWESOME!!
Oh Catie - what a day! Sarah is such a sweet baby. So glad your mom was there. Hope you are resting, Mary is feeling better and Sarah's foot heals.
I'm glad it wasn't broken! She is SO adorable though!!!
What a cutie, poor thing! I'm sure she doesn't mind the extra attention. Thank goodness Grandma was there!
Post a Comment