Monday, February 22, 2010

Catie passed away early this morning after a long battle with bone cancer. We are planning a viewing and funeral this Friday morning in Apex, NC, followed by a burial on Saturday at a family cemetery near Cookeville, TN. I will post more details by tomorrow when the plans are finalized.

In the meantime, if any of you have special memories of Catie that you would like to share, would you please send them to cstubben@gmail.com? Thank you.

- Steve Stubben


Last Family Photo - Feb. 16




Catie and David (now 6)




Catie and Mary (now 4)




Catie and Sarah (now 2)


27 comments:

Emma said...

My condolences to you and your family, Steve. We love you and pray for you. We know Catie is in a place without pain or suffering. My brother passed 5 years ago from Leukemia and know that he is doing great work on the other side...the same as Catie will be doing.

Nikki said...

Steve,
you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.
Love,
Dave and Nikki Kitchen

Nikki said...

Steve,
you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.
Love,
Dave and Nikki Kitchen

Ang said...

Steve, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I've been reading your blog since about the time Catie was diagnosed. I'm so sorry for the loss of Catie. She seemed to be an amazing Mom through it all. I hope you all are comforted in your time of need.

Love,
Angela Huffaker Forsyth

The Mama Behind the Story said...

We'll be praying for your family.

Sara, Andrew, and the Bojie children.

Peggy said...

Steve,
I am so sorry. My heart is broken for you and your beautiful family. You're in my prayers. May you find peace and comfort in the Savior's love and embrace.

Peggy Huffaker

Kristi said...

our thoughts and prayers and with you and the kids. we love you and Catie.
Byron and Kristi

Dacia said...

Steve you are so wonderful! We love you!

Eden said...

Your family has influenced me more than I can express. My prayers and thoughts are with your family. Catie is definitely someone I want to emulate and am touched by her positive example.

Stephanie said...

Steve, David, Mary, and Sarah-

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Catie will be missed by everyone who knew her. I know her pain is now gone and she is in a place of peace where she will be watching over you guys. She will always be in my heart.

Love,
Stephanie

Emily said...

Steve,
We are so sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and your family. You and your kids are so loved. Catie was and is the sweetest person and we love you both!
Ben and Emily Thomas

Melanie said...

Steve, you and your children will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks. I'll always remember Catie's glowing smile...how she always radiated her happiness and the love of the Lord. Love, Melanie (Dame) Iverson

The Walker Family said...

Steve - you and the kids will remain in our prayers. Catie's courage, faith and eternal smile will continue to inspire us all. Love and hugs from the Walkers.

brooke said...

Catie's smile, laugh, and sweetness will always be in my heart. I will always love her and miss her friendship. We pray with all our might that you and the kids will have strength to get through. We love you Steve, David, Mary, and Sarah. Love, The Millar Family

Melissa said...

It is at a time like this that the gospel can bring such incredible peace. Catie will be deeply missed.

We will be praying for your family.

Todd & Melissa Golden

Terra said...

So sorry to hear about your loss! Your family is in our prayers.
Love,
Terra (Buchkovich)Reed

Melissa said...

Steve,
Your family has had such a positive influence on my life. Catie's positive attitude and genuine love for others were so refreshing and something I want to emulate. My prayers and thoughts will continue to be with both the Stubben and Dunn families.
Love,
Melissa.

Stephen, Britney, Ellie, Lila, Andrew, & Marcus said...

Steve,

I can only echo the comments already posted. You and your family have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Catie will always have a special place in my heart as a dear college neighbor who exemplified the love of our Savior and drew people to her because of this love. May you continue to feel that love through this difficult time.

Steve and Britney Moore
BYU 69th Ward Alumni :)

Ashley said...

Steve:

Our hearts are so heavy right now as we think of you and your children. Please know of our thoughts and prayers on your behalf, and of our love.

James and Ashley Burton

Yvonne said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family.

Kendall said...

Steve-
my sincerest sympathies at this difficult time. While I can't possibly fathom what it is like to lose a spouse. We lost our second son a couple years ago so in some way I can appreciate some of what you may be experiencing.

with love and concern.

Kendall Gee

Charis said...

We just want you to know that we are thinking about your family! We are so very sorry to hear of Catie's passing. With Love, Andy & Charis (Call)

martyrudd said...

Dear Stubben Family,

My name is Marty Rudd and I'm Tisha Calhoun's mom. I wanted to write to express my condolences to your family. Tisha has been so blessed to have Catie be a part of her life. I also had the opportunity to meet Catie and feel of her amazing spirit. She truly had a great outlook on life.

My favorite memory involving your family; I came to Apex to visit the Calhoun's in October of 2008. The first night I was there Adley offered the family prayer and blessed the Stubben's. His sweet, 3year old, innocence touched my heart because of his love and concern for your family.

You are in our prayers. Love, Marty

Debra said...

Steve - We are so sorry to hear the news of your sweet Catie's passing. Please know that there are many prayers being sent heavenward on your behalf- ours included. We are thinking of you and your family at this time and sending our love.....

Love Brian and Debra Storm

karen said...

Steve,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Karen Gee Berks

Unknown said...

Steven,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children on the loss of your lovely wife. May Heavenly Father bless you with comfort.

Tony and Joyce Harris
Former North Olmsted members.

Caroline Welsh said...

Catie touched my life from the moment I first met her. She will be missed. Steve we are proaying for you and your family. Let me know if there is anything we can do. Love, Caroline Welsh Family