Friday, December 14, 2007

Connected!

Hi All. I'm in the hospital right now for a five day stay and for the first time the internet is working quickly and with ease! So even though I'm stuck here for five days, I feel like I'm still connected with the outside world, it is so great. Although for the first time I feel the urge to do some serious online shopping, and with an IV in me, a pocketbook beside me and nowhere to go I'm sensing that it could be an expensive addiction. :-) I'll try to hold it to just online browsing.

I'm on the 9th floor this stay which is an adult floor, but most of the adults here are well over 70 yrs. old. I feel a little out of place. It's fun though, even here in the hospital everyone has the Christmas spirit and you can walk down the hall and Christmas music is pouring out of almost every room. Anyway, I hope you each have a great weekend and continue to feel the spirit of the season no matter where you are!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Shucks! Catie, I was going to call this week in hope that I would find you home - I have got to get better at neglecting my kids and picking up the phone! I'm sorry we haven't chatted in a while but I'm thrilled you have the internet for this round of chemo. Now shop, shop away! I'm thinking of you and sending my love and prayers your way.

The Mama Behind the Story said...

You sound so upbeat and happy, Catie! I can definitely relate to your temptation for some online shopping!

Sara (Dunn) B.

J-Lo said...

Catie and Steve,
The Bowens gave us your blog address and we are so glad to know a bit of what's happening. We are sending prayers all the way from Reno:)
Love,
Jenny and David Ludlow

The Walker Family said...

Catie, you are always so upbeat and fun! I wish I could be like that (especially since I am not even in the hospital!). I am glad you are connected to the world while connected to your IV. Have LOTS of fun online browsing/shopping! If you shop just right, the packages will be waiting for you when you get home. :) Miss you!!
Terry

Dacia said...

You get to go home tomorrow! I hope you still have connection so you can continue to use the computer! I need to call you and find out when you said Steve's conference Arizona is???

Jami & Boys said...

hey catie, i'm glad you got to come home tonight! we have a little something for your family, so we're hoping to drop it by one of these next few days. i'll give you a call!