Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Steve

Steve is such a wonderful father and husband. I can't express what a strength he has been and continues to be to our family. The kids adore him, as do I. Just an example of the energy he has and the good father he is was this past Saturday. I was in the hospital and my mom was at our house taking care of Sarah. He woke up early (after having stayed up to give Sarah her 1am feeding Friday night) and took the kids out to donuts for breakfast. From there they drove to a friend's birthday party--being on his own taking care of two kids at a party with cake and pizza can be tricky! Then from there he drove them over to the hospital to visit me. He kept them from pulling my IV out while visiting with me and helping me to feel upbeat. Then he drove home to have only an hour or so of rest (they watched one of David's favorite shows--Orangutan Island on Animal Planet) before he took them to our church Christmas party, by himself, where he managed to go through a potluck line with three plates (no spills), feed them and himself and visit with friends. He is such an amazing dad! The kids had a wonderful day and I really appreciate him helping to keep life normal for our family even though he has to do much of it on his own. I love you Steve.

2 comments:

Jami & Boys said...

We were also thrilled that Steve would bring the kids to the boys' party -- it wouldn't have been the same without them!

Dacia said...

We always knew Steve was amazing but great to hear examples! We love you!