Our Holiday activities included making gingerbread houses, taking treats to friends and attempting to carol (after two houses where the kids were completely silent as soon as we began singing Steve and I decided to stop trying, we don't sound so cute without the kids singing with us), a Christmas Eve dinner of appetizers (picked out by David) which included bagel bites, twisty pretzels, jalapeno poppers, pizza and cookies- not very nutritious but very fun. Christmas morning was so fun with Santa presents and gifts, french toast and hot chocolate. Since it was just us we decided to go out for our Christmas dinner and had a great dinner at a Thai restaurant nearby (the only restaurant besides IHOP that was open Christmas day!). We played games together the rest of the day and just loved hanging out with nowhere to go and no schedule to adhere to, it was great.
I wish you each a wonderful New Year and hope that 2008 brings you and your family much joy. I couldn't decide which pictures to include so I'm posting a bunch! Happy New Year.
6 comments:
Great photos! My favorite gingerbread house is the one on the upper left of the picture with all four showing.
As a civil engineer, I was also impressed by the one with the licorice roof beams.
I wish we could have been there with you, especially for the Christmas dinner. Did they sing "Deck the Halls...Fa Ra Ra Ra Ra Rah?"
Cute pictures! We went out for Chinese food...pretty funny. I love Mary's kitchen! The kids' Christmas outfits are adorable. All the picture are so fun!
I love your pictures! We missed you all at Christmas, but I'm glad you had such a wonderful time together. I'm so excited to see you all soon.
Love, Jen
P.S. Little Sarah is so cute in her Tennessee outfit--though maybe I'll have to bring her a little Wisconsin onesie, too. ;)
That's my kind of Christmas Eve dinner! Who did you get to dress up as Santa...I mean, how did you convince the real Santa to stay for a photo op?
Catie,
Hi-I'm a friend of Chelsea's. I have IBC which is Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I tried calling you some months ago but it was the wrong number. I enjoyed reading through your blog and enjoy your positive attitude. I can tell how much you love your family. You are a great example to me! I'll get your email from Chelsea.
Suzanne
Hurray for kitchens! I hope Mary enjoys hers. She can come over and play with Sophie and Syrena's any time, too!
Merry Christmas, Stubbens!
Post a Comment