Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter and More

Easter is such a wonderful time of the year. I love sharing with my children about the Atonement of our Savior and His resurrection. What a wonderful, incredible gift to us. We enjoyed a wonderful Easter morning with a fun indoor egg hunt, baskets, a lesson about the Savior and homemade cinnamon rolls made by my mom.



Unfortunately we don't have any cute pictures of the kids dressed in their Easter outfits this year because everyone was sick. Hopefully it was the last cold of the season! Mary loves to snuggle with Grandmama, especially when she doesn't feel well.

Sarah is becoming quite the wiggle worm. I left the kitchen for two seconds and when I came back she had wiggled right onto the floor. I won't be leaving her alone in her carseat anymore!


My mom continues to be such a huge help to us. We love her and are so grateful for all the time, love, food, laundry, errands, babysitting, and you name it that she has done for us!



A few weeks ago our laundry machine cord popped off and before we realized it our upstairs was a bit flooded and had begun leaking into the garage and our downstairs! Here are just a few of the machines brought in to help the drying process. It was quite the mess and clean-up but as a result we got new carpet upstairs and a new washing machine-yea! By the time the new machine was delivered we had accumulated a ton of laundry, as you can see from the picture at the bottom, and this was after my mom had done 7 loads at the laundry mat!



5 comments:

Jen said...

Did my parents tell you?--our washing machine flooded too! We got a new one, but sadly, no new carpet.

Sarah is soo cute! Thanks for posting new pictures!

Unknown said...

Sarah is soooooo cute!
Hey--I'm sorry I didn't get to babysit your kids this week--keep me in mind for next time, okay?

Elizabeth said...

Happy Easter to you too! I love all your pictures, especially Mary snuggling with grandma. What a huge blessing to you that your mom has been able to be there to take care of your sweet family. What a loving and selfless thing to do.

Love you!

Mandy said...

Oh dear - I'm sorry about the washing machine, but thank goodness for new carpet and angel mothers!

Dacia said...

I want to see photos of your new carpet!!!