Last night we were all in the playroom having a fun time together. David was playing with a small toy that shoots little discs out of it. One landed on top of the bookshelf and he asked Steve to get it for him. Those of you who know my funny husband know he likes to give people a hard time, his children included. Steve asked, "Why do you want me to get it?" David responds while rolling his eyes (he's used to his daddy's teasing!), "Because Daddy you're the tallest of all of us!" Steve gets David's toy and David keeps talking, "Daddy you're the tallest, you're also 30, Mommy is 55, I'm 4 and Mary is 2." What! I know I'm bald but please don't tell me I'm aging that fast. Cancer has done some pretty nasty things to my body but I really don't want to look 55 until I am 55! And hopefully if I take after my beautiful mom I'll only look 35 when I'm 55. Anyway, that made me giggle, I hope it makes you giggle too.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
55?
Last night we were all in the playroom having a fun time together. David was playing with a small toy that shoots little discs out of it. One landed on top of the bookshelf and he asked Steve to get it for him. Those of you who know my funny husband know he likes to give people a hard time, his children included. Steve asked, "Why do you want me to get it?" David responds while rolling his eyes (he's used to his daddy's teasing!), "Because Daddy you're the tallest of all of us!" Steve gets David's toy and David keeps talking, "Daddy you're the tallest, you're also 30, Mommy is 55, I'm 4 and Mary is 2." What! I know I'm bald but please don't tell me I'm aging that fast. Cancer has done some pretty nasty things to my body but I really don't want to look 55 until I am 55! And hopefully if I take after my beautiful mom I'll only look 35 when I'm 55. Anyway, that made me giggle, I hope it makes you giggle too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This is too cute. Catie, you don't look a day over 18 to me! 55! David cracks me up.
55! Yikes.
If it makes you feel any better, I just watched "Becoming Jane" with Anne Hathaway, and she totally reminded me of YOU the whole time. She looks like you, she walks like you--even her mannerisms are like yours!
So think about that instead. :)
Hilarious! Audrey used to tell me I was 9. She has now memorized everyone's "number."
David is so funny! I am sure he will know your correct age on your next birthday and Steve will have a turn being 55! :) When Schuyler was David's age he told my mom that she 'must be hundreds of years old!' Don't you just love everything they say!? :)
That is hilarious--looks like David might take after Steve in the humor department.:)
Catie! Thanks so much for loaning Steve to us this past Sat.! It was great to see him and your home is really beautiful -- I can't believe how together you are with all that is going on in your life! (the carpet thing not your fault!!) You inspire me in more ways than you know -- thanks!
Way funny. I love that kids have no concept of age! I think that's funny he thought of you as 55.
I love your kids! they are so funny! AND Catie you will never ever look old! You look as young as you did when we were in highschool. I did find a wrinkle on my face the other day and it scared me a bit! YIKES!
Love ya! Payton
Post a Comment