My friend Jen (Cowser) Smith is running in the Boston Marathon today. After I was diagnosed with cancer she and her husband, Michael, became involved with the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston where they live. It was through this involvement that she received an invitation to race in the 2008 Boston Marathon with the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC) team in honor of me. When she told me about this I was so touched, she has been an inspiration to me as I've gone through my treatment. She has raised a lot of money to donate to cancer research and she has been training so hard.
Jen is a wonderful friend and an amazing person. She is a special person who really touches all who know her. Her passion for life is addictive and I just love her so much. I wish her so much luck today in this race to save lives.
Good luck Jen, I love you!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good Luck Jen! (I'm the one who emailed you about moving to Boston). I think what you've done to help cancer research is wonderful!
Kevin had a collegue that was just visiting for a seminar and then was flying to Boston to run in the marathon - it helped me remember exactly when it was and I thought of Jen throughout the day! YOU ARE SO LOVED CATIE!!!
What an amazing friend! I hope she finished without throwing up lots. :)
Post a Comment