Wednesday, September 10, 2008
My Mary
Mary is absolutely wonderful. She makes my life so exciting and happy. Last night about 2am she woke up crying, crying, crying. She never does this, she is a very sound sleeper. I went in and she said she had a bad dream, that lots of toys were in her bed and they wouldn't let her sleep. She was really upset. I picked her up and we rocked on the couch for a few minutes. Then we talked about how she could sing herself a little song or think of happy things like candy or swinging if she had another bad dream or couldn't get back to sleep. She started feeling better so I put her back in bed and I climbed back into bed at about 2:10am. At about 2:12 I hear her begin to belt out very loudly her favorite song "Jingle Bells". It made me so happy. It was so loud I almost went and told her to quiet down, but decided against it. It was too beautiful. She sang the entire song to herself (and the rest of the neighborhood!) and then there was silence. She ended up coming in to our room about 10 mintues later and sleeping on the floor the rest of the night, but I was so proud of her for trying! Everything she does is filled with joy and I am so thankful for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Such a cute story -- I admire your ability to laugh at 2am. I will learn from your example . . .
That's a cute story. Mary will love reading this story when she is older. McKay wondered if Steve woke up with all the singing. I wondered about Sarah because aren't they in the same room? Anyway, too funny!
very sweet.
That is so cute! And a great way to deal with those middle-of-the-night visits!
Sometimes they're tough, but mostly I love the in the middle of the night moments. That's when I seem to be the most reflective if I catch myself lingering. I also love how the husband seems to sleep right through them.
I totally can hear and see her. I do think her and Kaitlyn are 2 peas in a pod. We love you!!!
I love this story too, It made my eyes water...SO SWEET!!
Post a Comment