Sunday, September 28, 2008

Birthday Time!

David and Sarah both celebrated birthdays this week. David was the first birthday of the year in his preschool class and it was so fun and special to take cupcakes and goodie bags to school for all his classmates. He was very cute! David is my sweet boy, he is sensative and when Steve is at work or away he always makes sure the girls and I are happy and feeling well. I can't believe he is 5!! After school we took him out for a birthday lunch and ended the day with an ice cream cake and presents.




I can't help but do some then and now pictures for sweet Sarah. It is really hard to believe that she is one. So much has happened over the past year. She is a special baby, has been a great source of motivation for me during the times I felt the worst, and a very special member of our family. Happy 1st birthday sweet Sarah!


Then

Now

Then

Now

Elmo at the beginning of Sarah's Party



Elmo at the end!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday David and Sarah! David look so grown up. Sarah looks shocked to have Elmo all over her face. Maybe she is wondering if she will get in trouble for being so messy. Not that a one year ever gets in trouble for that sort of thing, but you know what I mean :)

Emily S said...

You guys look so fantastic compared to last year it makes me tear up. So great! And happy birthday to both of them.

Nellie said...

What? You can bring cupcakes in for the B-day at school? We need to move there pronto. This is strictly prohibited here in MD -- they suggest a pencil or stickers, but absolutely no candy/treats. Bummer. Oh, and did I mention that when there is a class party, only STORE-bought cupcakes cna come in. Yuck.

Happy birthday to your little ones!!

brooke said...

Oh Catie, I love love love this post. You have the sweetest kids. David is so old and grown up! Hard to believe. It is amazing what a great miracle Sarah is. Again, we always wish we were still nearby to eat cake and hang out. Love you guys.

Julianne said...

What a difference a year makes! Happy Birthday David and Sarah.

amber said...

these photos are making me cry. sarah is so darling and BIG--isn't it all just a big fat miracle (or maybe a series of small ones) that one whole, unique person can start out so tiny?

xo

Kristi said...

What a big fun week for you guys! And what cool Elmo cupcakes!

The Carvers said...

I loved the before an after pictures. I remember looking at them when they were first posted so you really brought back a lot of memories for me looking at them again. The one of you looking at Sarah in the incubator was the most poignant of all the ones posted, so it is very hard for me to believe that was a year ago. What an excellent way to cap off the post with a before/after picture of Elmo. How nice it is to be of good cheer. Happy birthday to David and Sarah!

Love, Lori

Jacquelyn said...

Fantastic pictures. As always, you give me lots to think (and cry happy tears) about, Catie. I can't believe how big David is. I can still picture our little boy playgroup crawling around our ev apartments!

Dacia said...

Then and now for you too - you look fabulous - I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!!

karen garner said...

Real miracles - how touching - Heavenly Father has great plans for that sweet Sarah. Thanks for the "then" & "now"

Emily S. said...

Just catching up on your blog! I love it that you are doing so well and enjoying every minute of your life with your family. Thanks for sharing.