Every couple of weeks David gets to bring his preschool class pet home. Dexter is a sweet little dog who doesn't cause a lick of trouble--the kind of dog we can handle! I love to watch David as he takes Dexter everywhere, feeds him "food" and makes sure he is included in all our family activities. Before he takes him back to school the next day we write in Dexter's journal about what he did with David. It's cute, although we are usually rushing to write his journal entry right before he heads out the door! When Dexter comes to visit Mary and Sarah find their toy dogs and join in the pretend fun.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a cute idea! Much better than live animals. Your kids are so cute.
I remember doing that when I was little - and now my kids have real live guinea pigs at school - lucky for me they don't visit our house!!! I prefer the Dexter variety! :)
that's my kind of pet, too -- I think only kind we'll ever have!
I remember Dexter came to visit when I was there! Your kids are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment