Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Angel Friends

Last weekend was one of the most amazing weekends I have ever had. Eight of my best college friends and roommates flew to NC from all corners of the country to visit me and make me laugh! Each of them, from the day I met them at BYU(11-12 years ago), have been such wonderful examples and friends. They are each unique, beautiful, full of life and love.

It was such an incredible weekend full of laughter, chatter and wonderful food. I cannot express to them the appreciation I have for their love, friendship, support and prayers. Over the past two years their notes, emails, and calls of support have helped me so much.

The last evening we were together we laughed much and also shed a few tears as we discussed life. Each of us has been blessed in so many ways; we each have had challenges also, as we all do. I am grateful for each of them and their strength and testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ. I consider it one of the greatest blessings of my life to have been surrounded by so many good girls during my college years, a time we develop and define ourselves. They certainly influenced me for the better. They are angel friends and I love you all! I can't for our next Courtside Girls Weekend!

An afternoon stroll through Duke Gardens
Left to Right: Jen Hicks, Jen Smith, Sara Marler, Linsey de Guzman, Catie Stubben, Liz Christensen, Lizzie Christensen, Mandy Watkins, Ada Bowler

Our last evening together

Looking through old college photos-- so funny!

In front of the LDS Temple in Apex, NC

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a special weekend! It's so cool that all of your Courtside pals could come out and see you at the same time. I recognize a few of them. You all look so young and happy!

Marianne said...

So you've inspired us!! My friend Janelle from BYU actually peeked at Liz Hasler's blog and got an itch for a reunion for us! So we are now in the process of making our Courtside 302 reunion plans!! It was sooo good spending last weekend with you and can't wait to come again! love you!

Elizabeth said...

It was dreamy! It was wonderful! I miss you all and can't wait to do it again!

Krista said...

How i wish that i hadn't worried about overwhelming you with too many people and just bought that plane ticket.

what a wonderful wonderful weekend.

signed,
green with envy (aka krista)

love you!

The Walker Family said...

It is so wonderful that they could so many could all come at the same time! What fun!! I LOVE the pic with everyone is that same cute hat!

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun, Catie. What wonderful memories you will have!

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun! Melissa, Eden, and I just got together for a courtside reunion too! Such good times and memories.

I was wondering if you could send me Jen Cowser Smith's email or blog. I would love to get back in touch with her.