The kids had a great Halloween. I went out with Steve and the kids trick-or-treating for about 30 minutes then Mary and I came home to rest and begin sorting her candy (the funnest part!). Steve and David went back out for another hour. We had to teach David to only take one piece of candy out of each bowl offered to him, a difficult task for a four year old. He finally got it down, then at one house a man told him to take "a couple", after which David quickly grabbed a handful then turned to me and said, "I think a couple means six". By the end of the night, he was a very efficient trick-or-treater. Steve taught him the hierarchy of candy; for example, don't take a Butterfinger when Twix is available, and only take Smarties when nothing else is offered, etc.
Mary cracked us up all day because no matter when we asked her or how many times we asked her what she was going to be for Halloween she always replied, "chicken". She was the prettiest princess but she thought she was a chicken! Kids are so funny! David was the sweetest lion, wearing a costume my mom made for my little brother Christopher when he was David's age!
Mary cracked us up all day because no matter when we asked her or how many times we asked her what she was going to be for Halloween she always replied, "chicken". She was the prettiest princess but she thought she was a chicken! Kids are so funny! David was the sweetest lion, wearing a costume my mom made for my little brother Christopher when he was David's age!
Our cute little lion and pretty princess.
David during his Preschool costume parade.
Candy sorting--very important business!
2 comments:
So how do you go about sorting candy? I'm thinking maybe I should have done that before I ate it all!") It was great to see you guys at church yesterday, even if it was from a distance! Sarah is looking beautiful!
hello, I'm Pablo Medina...do you remember me? okey my english is very bad because I'm Latin man...jajaja. ME GUSTA VER LAS FOTOS DE TU FAMILIA. QUE CHIQUITA ES SARAH PERO HERMOSA, BUENO LES CUENTO QUE NUESTRO HIJO NEFI SAMUEL YA TIENE 1 AÑITO. UN CARIÑO Y ABRAZO DESDE ARGENTINA. PAULA, MI ESPOSA, LES MANDA UN BESO TAMBIÉN.
Post a Comment