Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our Thursday

So Mary did what most 2/3 year olds do. I guess it was just a matter of time. So, our day started out with one of these:


Then one of these:



You know what happened then, so we tried this:


Even this (with the small attachment):


But, no success! So we went here:




But our friendly doctor tried also with no success, so he sent us here:


And with some sharp little tools, a little blood and a few tears Mary and her pretty little bead were separate once more!

12 comments:

brooke said...

No way! Well it sounds like Mary will never try that again. :)

How scary, but it was a cute post in a funny way. Thanks for sharing. Glad she alright!

Ava Nielson said...

Oh, so sorry! I'm NOT looking forward to that day...

Stephanie said...

Why does every kid have to learn the hard way that their nose hole isn't to best place to put their treasures? Hopefully, she won't do it again! It took Max two times to learn his lesson.

Lara said...

Oh, I felt bad about what you had to go though . . . but your post really made me laugh!

The Walker Family said...

I am glad both bead and babe are fine now :) I love the comical spin you put on it!

J-Lo said...

What a funny post:) David starts his ear, nose, and throat residency in June and I'm sure he'll see plenty of beads (among other things) in the nose!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Yikes! What a day! I'm glad things are better now.

(Your post was very clever!)

Anne said...

This is so hilarious! I love the way you tell the story. your kids are getting so big. We miss you guys.

Dacia said...

I need to check for your posts more often - Kevin and I still talk about David and his shorts, now this... The kids were just talking about you guys. Kaitlyn randomly asked which person in your family I like best. I said I like all of you but probably Catie best. Bryson said David is my best friend. kaitlyn said Mary is my best friend and can you believe she can walk and she even talked lots to me last time we were there. Then Kaitlyn said isn't great that each of us has a best in their family that is different. WE LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Craziness-we both got to visit the ear nose and throat people or should I say ENT. I'm glad she's okay! Cute post!

Emily S. said...

That is hilarious! I am glad it all worked out :-)

Julianne said...

That is such a funny/sad/cute story I can't decide whether to cringe or smile. Poor Mary, but funny memories.