Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wasatch Back 2009

The next two days are a very exciting time for my family. This time last year my big brother Jamie started putting together a team of 12 to run the 187.9 mile Wasatch Back team relay race. He recruited my dad and siblings first, then my sister-in-laws. Some of my uncles and cousins decided to join the family team as well. Soon the team began its training and the anticipation began to build. It has been so much fun hearing about their training and how the race works.

In January my family began toying with different names for the team. Since my cancer came back they decided to name the team in honor of me. My family is amazing. They love me and support me and are so kind to me. I'm so grateful for them. I heard several of the name ideas (one of which my brother Jamie came up with which was "Go To H---, Ewing's Sarcoma"-- that made me smile) but they decided on "Team C.A.T.I.E.".

It will be a long, wonderful, exciting race. As I write this my family is gathering at my brother's home in Heber City, Utah for a family/team meeting and carbohydrate filled spaghetti dinner. I really wish I was there with them right now. I also wish Team C.A.T.I.E. lots of luck, fun and speed the next two days as they accomplish this race they have been looking forward to and working so hard for. I love you guys!

For more information about the race you can check out the website at http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow - I would love to be on team C.A.T.I.E and run this race with your wonderful family. Next year, let's all be there!

The Mama Behind the Story said...

That is so cool!!! I loved their signs reading, "We love Catie."

I couldn't make out what the individual letters stood for though. Do you know?

We love you!
Sara

Annalisa said...

Wow, that race will be wonderful. Smiles to you Catie! Thanks to those who run.