Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Mom

If you asked for one word to describe my mom I would say "amazing." Seriously. Now I know she is rolling her eyes saying "yea right" but it is the truth. I am so grateful to her for all she does for me and my family. We could not live so normally through my treatments if it wasn't for all she does. She comes and she cooks and cleans and does laundry and shops and takes the kids to and from preschool and helps take me to and from the hospital and is the 3rd set of hands that we need during my treatments and inbetween. She is a huge blessing in our lives, we love her and are so grateful for all she does. Then after coming here and taking care of us she drives home and does it all over again for my dad and my youngest brother and sister. She has so much energy and is so focused. She is a wonderful example of faith and devotion to the Lord and to her family. Thanks for all you do momma!

3 comments:

brooke said...

It is no wonder you are so wonderful, your mother is too. I remember when I was a kid and my mom used to say, "you'll never understand how much I love you until you have kids one day." A mother's love is amazing. So are you Catie! I love you and am so happy that your treatments are going well. You are always in my heart and always in my prayers.

Stephanie said...

Your mom is amazing. I am so glad she is within driving distance and able to come out and help you guys during this difficult time. Before I had kids I couldn't comprehend how much a mother loved her children. Now I realize how deep a mother's love goes and how that compares a little to what Heavenly Father feel for us.

Marianne said...

I agree! I am very lucky to be part of such a wonderful family! That was the #1 thing Liz Hasler told me about Andrew when we were dating, is that I would absolutely love his family! And it's true! p.s.-I love the new backgroud on your blog! :)