Saturday, September 15, 2007

Funny Things

We were eating breakfast the other morning and a fly had gotten into the house and was buzzing around the kids. David exclaimed, "Mary, don't let the fly get in your ear, it will sting you and then it will hurt for 20 years!"

David has also told Mary that if she takes her vitamin her hair will fall out. I guess we need to do a little better job explaining the difference between the medication I'm receiving and vitamins! Now if Mary even sees a piece of hair on her clothing or on the floor or wherever whe exclaims, "My hair falling out!" Our kids are going to have some issues!

Mary goes around the house all day saying (drawing out each syllable as long as she can), "Oh Man" and "Oh My Goodness". She makes me laugh.

Steve is a bit of an aggresive driver. Now the kids are ruined! If we are on the freeway in the right lane and a car or truck passes us we instantly hear little voices from the back saying, "No Daddy, don't let that car pass us. Hurry, pass them!" And then as soon as we pass them (because of course Steve speeds up) they both joyfully exclaim, "Yes!" I'm trying to work on it, but it's three against one!

5 comments:

Julianne said...

Those are funny. I should try getting the girls to say that to Richard sometimes when he is driving and see if he would speed up (I don't think it will work).

Jami & Boys said...

Your kids are wonderful. Like Mary, Jaxton has been saying "Uh oh man" (a combo of uh oh and oh man). It was fun to see your kids on Thursday and Mac has reminded me several times since that David is still his best friend even if he moved away.

Jen Hicks said...

Hey Catie
Hope this finds you well. You look great and have a beautiful family. I guess I need to get around to doing a blog page. I just wanted to take a sec and tell you that you really helped shape me into the person I am today. You are always so cheery and positive. You and our "sorority" sisters, I will always be grateful for. Thanks.
Jen "DeShaze" Hicks

Kristi said...

We heard Mary say "Oh man" a few times when they were at our house and it cracked Byron and I up! We love you guys!

Rachael said...

I can relate to the driving...one Sunday during sacrament Rylee says (loudly) "mom why were you driving so fast to church?" I actually didn't drive fast it was just we drove 2 cars to church that day and Rylan (who had Rylee in the car with him) got stopped at a red light and I kept going. In her mind I had driven fast...and she let everyone know it.